It’s finally here!
NOTE: The conditions that has shown to make this game perform the best is by using chrome on a desktop. If you have access to this then I’d highly recommend you to use it for this game 🙂
2017-10-30: Updated with another possible improvement for the performance. Compressed the PNG spritesheets with TinyPNG and added some code I was recommended. Again, please do let me know if you notice a difference. 🙂
2017-10-29: Updated the game with an attempt to improve the performance. I changed the cached bitmap areas to the smallest possible for each item, I found a pretty fast way to get the proper X, Y, W, H values of movieclips with several items in them that all have different dimensions, so I felt that it was worth to give this possible solution a try. I’ve found that it has helped to make the random buttons faster for the smaller item, but it’s still pretty slow on the big ones. Still, it was worth a try. If you find that it’s a noticable difference to before, please do let me know. 🙂
2017-10-27: The bug causing the lip transparency and bottomwear/shoe layer buttons to sometimes stop working has been fixed
2017-10-26: Edited the patreon category so that items when pressed once gets selected and when pressed again either gets removed or in case the item can’t be removed it’ll be replaced with one of the main game items. Attempted a fix on the Lip transparency and shoe/bottomwear buttons but it was unsuccessful. Centering should be fixed so parts of the game isn’t off screen in fullscreen mode.
2017-10-26: The layer swap buttons between shoes and bottomwears wasn’t working and the three last window items in the background category were bugged. Both fixed now!
The most common issue reported is performance issue. The game lags, works slowly or load slowly. This is a known issue with bigger HTML5 games and I continue to search for answers on how to improve the performance. In future games I will make the resolution smaller and less content (less content was sadly already planned due to lack of funds to make these bigger games), hopefully that’ll help. But it’s too late to do that with this game. If I find any possible solutions that I can apply to this game, I will try it. But for now, I have nothing more I can try. As I’ve mentioned several times, it’s my first HTML5 game and even when I worked in Actionscript (flash), my knowledge was limited. But I hope to learn more with time.
1. Slight blur to the game (update, changed iframe to 100% which for some reason makes the game much smaller than the container, but now it’s not blurry, just smaller than the original, solution is still the same). This is caused by the game being smaller than my website body and is being scaled so it’s blurry. Since all games made after this will be slightly smaller and will then fit easily within the body of my website, I won’t change my website (that would cause new issues as well). Solution: To play this game perfectly clear and crisp, use the fullscreen option! 🙂
2. The random color button responds a bit slow at times, you may need to press it a few times before responding. Solution: None. This is a problem with the format, it has a a lot of steps to go through in order to get the color used and HTML5 just works slower than flash. I will attempt to find a way to achieve the same function but faster in future games but can’t make any promises. One solution is to make a complete randomizer as picking completely random values instead of something from a set list is faster, but a complete randomizer would make it pick really bad colors sometimes (since it would be literally any color).
3. In mobile (android, possibly others as well), it responds a bit slow and the game will tint in blue for a moment every time you press anything in the beginning. Solution: As with the issue above, this is an issue with the format and my game being too big for it to handle. My next game will be made smaller and I hope that it will help with the performance. As for now, no solution.
4. Drag and drop items are moved offset, this effect gets worse if the game is scaled down. Solution: None yet. I tried to solve this back when I was developing the game and I couldn’t solve it then, I gave it another go but couldn’t find a solution this time either. My lack of coding knowledge is probably the issue here, I will hire a programmer to fix this as soon as I can afford it.
5. Game not scaling properly on iOS phones. Solution: None. I simply have no clue of how to fix an issue that’s different on all devices, this problem is too complex for me still.
6. Game works slowly/lags in several browsers and devices. Sadly the most commonly reported issue right now. This is a known issue with the HTML5 format itself, it just doesn’t perform well with bigger games. Solution: None. Look at the message at the top of this page for more info.
7. Parts of the game gets cut out in fullscreen on Firefox. This issue seems to be on my website and not the game itself. Solution: No clue yet. I did not build my website myself, I have a very slim knowledge of HTML so I don’t even know where to begin looking for this issue.
8. Double ads. I’m sorry about this, it shouldn’t happen. I don’t know why double ads happen almost every time on this HTML5 game but rarely on the flash games. Sadly I am not in control over the ad code. I have implemented it as instructed on my game and there’s nothing else I can do about it at the moment 🙁
Thank you everybody for your patience as I created my very first HTML5 game! As it’s my first one, I’d be happy if you report any bugs you find (please remember to include what device and/or browser you’re using) but also be understanding if I can’t solve it right away. I expect it to maybe have some issues in some devices, but I will do my best to solve all issues that may come up. The goal is to have it be as functional as possible in as many devices as possible!
One function that was lost in the progress was the multi-colored drag and drop items. Fixing that issue would require me to hire a programmer and at the moment I don’t have the funds, but as soon as it’s possible, I will approach the programmer that converted the color palettes to fix the draggies as well. Until then I will have some single coloured items and some in fixed colors, I hope that you’ll find that solution acceptable at least. 🙂
From now on, I will publish games more often but with less content. This is so I have a decent amount of games up when the day comes where all of my flash games becomes unplayable. It’s also due to me having to get my revenues back up. But don’t worry, my goal is to start making big games again, this will happen either when my income stabilises by itself or when my patreon support reaches levels high enough to make up for the extra time I have to spend on them. Either way I’m set on getting back to it ASAP! ^.^
For webmasters: You may publish this game on your site, just copy the iframe code below. If you want to work together by swapping ads.txt information as well, please do contact me.
<iframe src=”http://www.missangestgames.com/wp-content/uploads/games/TomboyCreator/index.html” width=”1200″ height=”900″ scrolling=”none” frameborder=”0″></iframe>